Monday, February 06, 2006

Me and my E-303

At last. After two years full of pain being unable to play a keyboard, finally i decided to buy a yamaha psr e-303. I was having a chat with my colleague about how he want to learn to play guitar. Somehow I felt something burning inside myself ... an urge to have a working musical instrument ( I do have a 'silenced' keyboard ). Since a 'decent' keyboard is so expensive, I didn't think about buying one. Instead, I was thinking about buying a contrabass. Well, for those who don't know a contrabass, the Indonesian word for the instrument is 'bas betot'.

You might think why I suddenly want to buy a contrabass.

I do have played a contrabass before. I learned to play the instrument from angklung corps in my highschool. Though it was the only occasion, I was able to play "You can't hurry love". The song was simple, at least for a beginner contrabass player.

Oh well, it turns out that a contrabass is quite expensive : 2,5 million rupiahs. So I was wandering in Plaza Depok until I saw this E-303. Somehow I asked the shopkeeper to turn it on. I was astonished by its grand piano voice and its price : 2 million !
So I decided to buy one, but first I have to do some price surveys. And that day, I walk around Depok Mall and Plaza Depok only to end up buying it at Gramedia.

Since Gramedia doesn't provide shipping, I carried it with my own hand home.

What a day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home