Friday, October 28, 2011

Roland JV-90, now that's what I expect from a vintage

Heya,

in the beginning of 2011, I bought --out of curiosity-- a second hand vintage synthesizer, a JV-90. It was in need of repair, and left dusty in a corner of a music store. I thought that since it's my first time having a synth, for a $250 it's pretty good deal for only knowing what a synth can do.

After a month effort of repairing it, the JV-90 finally show its worth. The sounds I missed from yamaha psr e-303 and technics kn-5000 finally can be produced from this baby. The piano, chimes, guitar, organ, bass, and many more, sounds great even when produced from kn-5000 speaker.
For me, the JV-90 looks somewhat professional ... this is something I regret when I finally sold it three months later. Even though it's old, those sliders are actually made the JV-90 a seriously good midi controller. Just noticed when I saw those expensive synthesizers and midi controllers. Oh, and those 76 keys ...

Last regret I feel when I finally bought a Roland Juno DI. Even though the specs said that it's much better than any vintage keyboards, I do miss those sounds. Apparently that's the reason people is still collecting vintage keyboards; you can't reproduce vintage sounds in new synths.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home